– We wake up each day full of expectations,
– Expectations that cry out from the desires of our heart,
– From the plans that we have set for our day,
– From the unfilled yearnings that we strive after in life,
– Many times we live our lives with our eyes closed,
– And the worst part about it all is we believe our eyes our open,
– Light at the end of any tunnel could be natural or man made,
– The tunnel could be filled with radiant energy from the sun,
– It could however be filled with brightness from artificial lighting,
– We don’t recognize it until we face the tunnel’s opening,
– Realizing that then we are confronted with a massive question,
– Recently I have was confronted to decide what to do when my world was turned upside down unexpectedly,
– We all have a point, in which we can only handle so much and reach a point of feeling overwhelmed,
– I pray that the openness from my heart speaks to yours now,
-I am sure your stories ebbs and flows would differ from mine without a doubt,
– I however was challenged in three major areas of passion as the picture in my life’s kaleidoscope changed,
– A best friend of a decade, uprooted themselves from my life because of the convictions of the faith I stand on,
– A woman that I always felt was a kindred spirit sought me out and fell in love with me,
– Though we cannot be together because of the sacredness of the marriage covenant that she stands upon,
– I could also never overlook the increasing level of leadership responsibility that faces me in my career,
– My fatherly heart to provide for my team’s well-being and lives well beyond their paycheck,
– My desire to compassionately show inner strength and love to my clients well beyond a service I could offer them,
– My passion to lead with passion that can get misconstrued, while being overshadowed as mere salesmanship,
– There is only one way I can explain the peace I feel about the losses and storms my emotions and mind face now,
– It cannot be explained by mere human understanding,
– I for one am confident that it comes from a peace that God has provided to my heart to minister to me,
– As I deal with a tidal wave of life altering change that is rocking my boat and testing my faith,
– So my question to you is what will you do when you are facing your giants?
– Will you try and slay and conquer them based upon the limitations of your life experience and those around you?
– What will you do when your world is turned upside down?
– It is bound to happen to us throughout our lives because life is about the journey, not the destination.
– We cannot control the events of our day no matter how hard we attempt to,
– However, the choice in how we respond to our life is something we will forever control.
* Philippians 4:7
“7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
“15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”