– The knights of old came to the rescue of the damsels in distress,
– Sadly, that distress has been replaced by a new one that is the seeming void of chivalry in our society today,
– Whatever happened to the soda fountain of the 50’s and a time when courting was “normal”?
– Believe me I know personally how warped and changed the dating world is today,
– Marriages and relationships are full of new and many times sad expectations,
– Recently I have felt a righteous anger rise up in me as I have reflected on my life,
– I pray this remains burning in my heart each day as I wake,
– Lord let it be a beacon of light from the lighthouse you formed in my heart,
– To do so I desire to see my life become one that models what God placed in my heart,
– I have certainly failed women in many ways that saddens me if I am honest,
– Thankfully, I can take refuge in the Lord as he continues to teach and shape me more into his character,
– As he shows me how much more I need let go and see stripped away so I can really follow Him,
– God works all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28),
– I have dreamt and seen visions of a godly calling from my heart to speak to the masses about this,
– However that manifests itself over my remaining days I know is truly in the Lord’s hands,
– I simply pray he helps me to be ready to step into any role he desires for me,
– Women truly deserve our chivalry and love as we desire their respect men,
– So many simple things we certainly know but seem to forget,
– Like spending a lifetime of enjoying getting the door for her,
– Defending her honor in social settings,
– Pulling the car up and keeping her from getting wet in the rain,
– Tucking her sit in at dinner when you are out,
– In doing those little things you better believe she notices and does not forget them brother,
– I am glad that my desires for the Lord to bring me together with my bride have been delayed despite my will,
– For God has work to do in my heart so I might be worthy of her love and respect,
– But for you who are already married I cry out to your hearts men,
– Marriage vows should mean something, so re-reflect on what you said and see if you are living it?
– Ask God for strength to truly be the man that she deserves,
– One that fulfills the dreams of her childhood heart that remained with her as she stood before the alter,
– What you do today means as much as any day ever has,
– You never know when your last day will come,
– Is chivalry really lost from our hearts men?
– I certainly hope not, and I pray you vow to take your stand today to prove it to her.