The Only True Soul MateMay 3, 2009
– Winding itself through the very fabric of our society,
– So many humans believe in ‘soul mates’,
– Some even believe they have found theirs in marriage,
– However I am gripped by a powerful question,
– That echoes throughout my being like an earthquake throughout the Grand Canyon,
– Can another person truly know the depths of our soul?
– Understanding how we hurt and can hurt them,
– Loving us when we have given up on ourselves,
– Touching us so intimately inside when it is time to begin again,
– I personally know that I cannot even comprehend the potential for goodness or evil inside of myself,
– Let alone even try to fathom just that in another person,
– The human mind and heart though capable of great things is equally capable of deceiving ourselves as well as others,
– I believe God truly knows the depths of our souls and He knows us better than we know ourselves if we are honest,
– I am thankful that his Holy Spirit dwells within me,
– Surveying my heart in an undying fashion,
– He continues to show me new dimensions of my soul,
– It is said that the beginning of wisdom is the fear of God,
– I believe a person that loves God above any human relationship has a different base line to their life,
– It allows them to love another in a much deeper way,
– Learning to love God above all relationships allows us to learn how to love another person well,
– To those whom are single be thankful that you can make that precious choice before you marry,
– To those who have already married and perhaps missed the train, know that God’s love is on the very next train,
– So ask Him to search your heart and to take your hand as you get on for a ride of a lifetime,
– Wives should strive to be a wife of noble character,
– Husbands should love sacrificially for a lifetime even though they recognize their ability to sin,
– God has made it clear that He desires us to love, serve, obey and turn to Him with all of our heart and soul,
– He knows every decision we will make even before we realize we need to make them,
– I for one am convinced that God is our only true soul mate and lover of our soul…
Some related scripture to this article:
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
* feel free to contact me personally with any questions or comments.